Thursday, July 31, 2008

DIVING MIRACLE STORY
by Robin

Since we are unable to get out fishing for the next week or so, I thought I'd share a story with you, related to my last post on diving. It's not my personal story but rather a happy-ending one that I picked up on a fishing/diving forum.

On June 29th, a local diver lost his spear gun when tangled with a buoy line. It was sad not only expense-wise but because it held memories & sentimental value. There was a reward if anybody could find it at the specified location (I won't post those details here).

Then, on July 27th (last weekend), the same diver was able to catch a ride with crew that was heading out to the same wreck. He dropped everything to take another opportunity to find his speargun. Amazingly, within five minutes, he found his gun with some barnacles on it.

Let me tell you folks, that is a miracle that it would still be sitting in the same location given our Gulf Stream current and pull of tides. I know this man must feel like he's on top of the world to have found his needle in a haystack.


MARINE LESSON FOR TODAY:
Slipper Lobster(Scllarides squammosus) - pic on right. Commonly found off of East Central, FL waters.


Spiny Lobster - pic on left. Also commonly found in our waters and the main prize on Tues/Wed for mini-season.

1 comment:

Knatolee said...

Canadian lobster = tasty! ;) Okay, all lobster - tasty!

I love your new header,btw!