Saturday, September 15, 2007

Engine OFF!!!


This is the work that Jack did Friday. I helped a little but mostly I worked inside the house until the hoist work. Honestly the whole hoist thing scares me, but we survived.

No matter what we did, we could not join the engine to the stand when the top bar was at the top. I've heard it said that it is better to let the mind rest and it will subconciously fix (or work)the problem when you're relaxing. So, we stopped, ate and Jack went to bed. He was up at 1am and his brain had solved the issue. Amazingly, nobody in the whole house heard the drilling or hammering. God is good, all the time! I woke up to the engine being on the stand but at a lowered position.

I failed to mention earlier that when removing an engine and restoring a boat, one needs entertainment and good music. We really appreciated having the big guy come out and hang out with mom and dad. My younger son came and went but heat really isn't his thing. I'm sure that as the project moves into the fall, they'll both be enjoying their bikes again.
Feel free to click on the pictures to make them bigger. I don't suppose many viewers are interested in the engine removal, but it is Step 1. That big silver bracket hanging off the back is Step 2. It also has to be moved via the hoist. I have to go now and do that with Jack.
Happy Fishing,
Robin

No comments: