Saturday, September 22, 2007

One small step for man,
One giant leap for mankind!

We've had an extremely busy past 48 hrs.
Friday, we were blessed to share time with a couple homeschooling families at Kennedy Space Center for the "free" days to Brevard Co residents. We all got there at 9am sharp and our family ended up practically closing out the park at 5 pm.
Jack called me at 4pm to let me know severe weather was heading our way but it took a full 45 min to get done with the bus tour out to the Launch pads. We loved every minute of our trip. We even saw gators and a bald eagle on the bus ride back to the Visitor's Complex.

I put together a couple collages for you to enjoy. My favorite pic of the day was my little man staring at the astronaut uniform behind the glass.
When we got home, we were greeted by this terrible storm. See all those lightening strikes? The red means we were under a tornado warning and I believe one touched down north of us.

We all went to bed exhausted and woke up this morning refreshed, ready to work. I'm so tired that I don't have much to say other than I was "Parts" girl. I organized his shelves for most my time outside. (Must buy bins!)

Jack put in these nice doors at the back of the boat so he could have future access to all those bolts. I helped with creating the template for these cuts. The left side has yet to have the hatch popped in a duct taped (temporarily).

At the end of the day, I got to help on the outside of the boat with the engine bracket removal. Jack was undoing the nuts on the inside of the boat.

Tomorrow afternoon, we should be able to easily remove the swim step and handle. We'll push the lines back in the boat and removed those other fittings. Then, Jack can begin sanding and painting the back. Yahoo!! Progress!! This is a giant leap for mankind,.... um, I mean us.
Have a wonderful weekend,
Robin


1 comment:

Renee said...

What a fun day!! Did you get any pics with J and her darlings?

You are the organizing woman. :o)

Love and Miss you
Renee