Thursday, September 06, 2007

Engine Stand or Stocks for unruly children? LOL

It's an engine stand. Jack finished it today. It should hold that hefty 500 lb engine. Tomorrow, the hoist should be at the house. In the days that follow, there should be an engine mounted here for the next couple months while all the fiberglass is repaired and boat is repainted.

Today was a monumental day for the boys. They became the proud parents of frogs. We raised them from eggs that we found in our pool the first week we moved here. It was a heart-breaker for Lil' Man who fought so deperately against nature to keep his babies. I had to convince him that it was kinder to let them go than to keep them. It seemed so cruel though after months of watching & slight nurturing. I thought they'd never get those back legs, then the front.... but it seems like literally overnight, they transformed. The tail was gone and they hopped out. We have 2 more later-stage tadpoles left to go.

Jesus said, "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener." John 15:1
We stopped schooling to have a morning seminar in landscaping maintenance. Both boys learned to pull weeds and endure Florida heat. My boys exceeded my expections in being such good helpers. I thought you might like to see one of our Crotans.

The yard looks magnificient! In the afternoon, we took another seminar in horticulture & garden planting. Lil' Man got his cutting flowers planted while my Big Guy and I planted the tomatos (Better boys, Big boys and Cherry toms).

"I planted the seed, but God made it grow." 1 Cor 3:6. Honestly, this verse does not speak of gardens but of one's heart; however, I could not resist using it for these next pictures. We have one more section of garden left to turnover and add fresh garden soil & seeds.
Neither photo is great but at least you get an idea. The left side is primarily herbs, right tomatoes, peppers in the middle, salad bowl stuff in the front. I put out stepping stones but they're not place in the ground yet. I simply did not have enough energy to do any more by 5 pm.

Sorry there are no fish photos, but you'll have to suffer through these restoration & garden photos for the fall. I have waited years to have my own land again and to have a modest garden. It is one of my favorite hobbies, next to fishing.

Happy Fishing to those who can get out,
Robin

3 comments:

Renee said...

Wow!!!

Your crotan is HUGE!!!

LOVE the garden!!

Is this a good time to plant tomatoes??? I would love to.

Blessings,
Renee

Sharie said...

We tried tadpoles/frogs once. Isaac found them in a construction site in a puddle. He was devestated when Sophia knocked the bucket over in the dark and they poured out! Glad yours made it.

Hope your garden does great. We grew a tomato plant on the deck this summer but hope to put a garden in just your size next year!

Sharie said...

I meant devAstated!