Wednesday, November 01, 2006

11/1/06 - New Month - New Home

I still have yet to finish the below post about our vacation and here I am starting a new topic. The blog gave me such a fit the past couple times this week and I gave up. So, I'm hoping that it is working properly at the time I hit send today.

1 Peter 4:12-13, "Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ's sufferings, that when his glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy.

While I'm sure that Christ did not intend a mortgage to be a fiery trial, it sure will seem like it the first few months of paying and adjusting to our new mortgage. I quote the above not to you, but for myself to reflect on when I'm wondering what we've gotten ourselves into. It is those times when one is weak and sometimes broke, that Christ is made strong and His glory is revealed.

UPDATE: 11/2/06 We met with our mortgage broker/friend and after re-computing more closing costs and high homeowner's insurance premiums, the bottom line number was sooooo out of our comfort zone and we had to walk away from the deal. Amazingly enough, it was mutual and easy to do. I'm so glad that our friend was able to be so understanding about the whole situation. They are all Christians at their company and gave us hope for trying again in 6 months when some of our debt goes down dramatically. The good news is that we will be able to continue fishing all winter and hope to present some big, beautiful Red Snappers on the blog.



No comments: