Thursday, December 17, 2009

WINTER WHITEOUT - part 2
by Robin

We anchored near the mouth of Haulover canal, catching nibbles from crabs that stole our old shrimp. But better than fish, I captured some awesome wildlife & scenery photos.

This first one was my 2nd favorite of the entire trip. I may just have to put this on next year's family calendar. Believe it or not, it is a color photo but the sky was so gray that it looks black & white.

Photobucket

Offshore had 5 ft waves, but in the canal, it was totally calm. The only movement was from the pod of dolphins that stayed just out of reach of my camera lens. I must have taken dozens of photos, but couldn't capture but a few fin shots.

There were a few folks that motored by in their john boats or kayaks. That was nice.
Photobucket

I captured a few photos of this osprey. The original is stunning. Too bad I have to downsize everything for the blog.
Photobucket

On the way home around 3pm, the sun popped out enough to light up this island covered in birds. (primarily seagulls, pelicans & loons)
Photobucket

Tomorrow, I will share some of the dolphin dorsal fins. You'd think we were surrounded by sharks. ;o)

Merry Christmas!

No comments: