Monday, December 03, 2007

LAST BAG of SNAPPER



It was sad that our last bit of frozen fish is gone. It's official. We need to get back to fishing soon. I'm not sure how I'm going to live without fresh fish. It's hard enough trying to survive without fishing, but take away my source of protein.......... well, that's too much for a gal.

Look who showed up in our yard yesterday? He had the nerve to sun himself on our powerbox for the pool lights. He looks a little opaque, which means he's about to shed.
I took photos and let him be. He was quite anxious over my presence. I didn't want to upset him if he was digesting a recently caught meal (see the lump on the right side?). It's going to be cold here the next week and so maybe it was his last time to be hunting for a while.

I did see a snake skin around the base of the hot tub this morning. I can't say it belongs to this one, but *somebody* has been shedding on my porch without my permission!!

Stay Warm!!
Robin

2 comments:

Sharie said...

You're WAY too casual about this snake. Yes, siree.

Hey, guess what? We're supposed to get 3 inches of snow on Wednesday! Wish your fishermen could come play in it while we walk on your beach!

Phyllis said...

Ooh, he's pretty. I'm very fond of reptiles. :-)