Wednesday, December 26, 2007

CORRECTION
That one picture below with the purple tint was truly bothering me. So, I went ahead and got rid of the tint correction and simply did a contrast correction. THIS is so much nicer. Infact, it almost makes it look like a sunny day.


We were Pompano fishing Christmas Eve - fyi. The Pompanos haven't shown up quite yet, but it should be any day now.

I have to say that I'm getting a bit of a sore throat and I'm wondering if it was from all the Red Tide (bloom) from the sea air. It is a known irritant for the eyes, nose and throat. We saw many dead mullet on the beach.

It's strange because there could have been many beach species to die, but only the foot-long mullets actually washing up. When we went to the Panhandle, we also saw dead foot-long mullet on their beaches. I have a picture of one up on the Raising Fishermen blog a couple weeks ago.

Capt Jack is working hard all week but we'll be hard at the boat project after the 1st of the year.

I leave you with this parting shot of my bigger of two cauliflower heads growing in the garden. Normally, it is completely covered by those little leaves.

Short story: Few weeks ago, I had a smaller cauliflower plant that was knocked over & pulled out of the dirt. I hated that so much that I ended up quickly reburying it & watered it. It thought about dying but then it didn't. It eventually came back to where it is now growing my 2nd head of cauliflower. I find all that so weird. Not only was it 'dead', but it came back much better from then dead than my other healthier plants. I'm going to call it my Lazarus plant.
Happy Fishing to all!!

Robin

No comments: