Wednesday, November 21, 2007

GARDEN REPORT
For those of you that haven't been following along, I planted a garden the end of August. It is my first Fall garden and first for this new home. 8'x16' of fun.


I am pleased to report that I have dozens of tomatoes the sizes of apples waiting to turn red. The pic on the right are full size toms not cherries. Count 'em.....4 on 1 vine!!

They have outgrown their cages & I've got huge stakes nearby to attach the long branches to.

The cherry tomatoes are also sitting there, probably 100 of them on the verge of turning. My carrots lack another week or two before I can start picking them.



I'm up to my chin in green peppers already.

My green sweet bell pepper plant has been throwing tubular peppers. (right)My yellow plant is throwing green bells - perfect, I might add, other than the color. (left)



My Brussel Sprouts are just budding on the larger plants and hope to have them grown in another 4-6 weeks.

I do believe these guys are to grow another foot or more before they're ready for harvest. Maybe Christmas?



Cauliflower is happy but no white curd yet. Soon!! These plants are over 15" tall.

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!!
With Thanks,
Robin

No comments: