Sunday, July 01, 2007

SUMMER DAYS

Well, these are the dog days in Florida. If your have some decent seas that are fishable, the thunderstorms will rob you of fishing time. If you don't have t-storms, then you have high winds & hurricanes. This weekend started pretty bad with a Tropical system bringing us some much needed rain. As you can see, the weekended ended with more sun than storms.

Tomorrow is a possibility to fish with 2-3 ft seas but the wind is from the wrong direction and Jack doesn't like to start off his work week tired. We're hoping and praying for Friday to be the day. We have a summer guest (in photo) staying with us and that will be his last Friday with us. It sure would be nice to be able to take him offshore with us.



For now, we were playing in the pool after church today. When Capt Jack is in the pool, everybody wants to go airborne. By 4pm, the boomers were building. I uploaded some fun pool flips onto You Tube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dGuXTHc9uU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV2tDDiu8tA

I am truly enjoying my summer in this new home. It is very relaxing here. We have lots of privacy and some great neighbors on the one side. The man cuts our front yard every week because he *wants* to. We have taken all of June off from homeschooling in order to move in and enjoy time with family. We will return around July 9th for the new school year all refreshed and renewed.

Happy Summer Days!
Robin
PS: Congratulations to all our fellow CFOA members in their many wins at the CFOA tournament June 23rd. There were some beautiful trophy fish brought in.

1 comment:

Knatolee said...

Robin, this is totally unrelated to your post, but I can't find your email address anywhere at the moment!

Anyway!!! How did LOVEBUGS get such a sweet name when they are so creeeeepy?! I looked at the link you sent me and I was reading about them in my insect field guide last night. I'm glad I don't have to deal with THAT on my windshield. :)