Wednesday, July 25, 2007

LAGGOONZ
http://www.laggoonz.com/

Ok, I'm really not plugging this place (on US 1 just south of Port St. John) but we eat here often. The food is fantastic. The seafood is always fresh. The waitress knows that my youngest will spill his drink while he's there (Six spill streak). If we get the brunette, they get free ice cream sandwiches. It's one of those quaint, hole-in-the-wall restaurants that the tourists don't know about. Did I mention the atmosphere? They have prized fish pictures on the walls, plus mounts of fish too. My favorite is the Mako shark with an arm sticking out of the mouth.

BUT, that's not what I wanted to write about today......

I wanted to tell you that Jack couldn't wait to get out to the car to tell me something. He overheard the lady at the table next to us tell the waitress that she was going to treat herself today. What do you think she ordered?

Grouper?

Nope.

Mahi Mahi?

Guess again.

Snapper?

Not even close.

Can you say GATOR TAIL??? Yep, she was treating herself to the infamous delicacy of Florida Gator Tail.

We thought that was pretty funny.

Well, that's all I wanted to say about our FL homeschooling lunch break today.
Robin

No comments: