Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy 3rd of July

The thunderstorms have taken over each afternoon, but we're planning on making a Friday fishing trip.
Here I've posted a picture of our afternoon shower. Captain Jack and I enjoyed our time sitting under the tin roof, listening to the sound of rain. Sometimes I think that I've bought property in the middle of a rainforest.


After the boomers had passed, we let the boys back into the pool water to enjoy the rain. They had finished up a big lunch and cheesecake for dessert.

Last night, I muralled for my youngest a ME-262 jet on his wall. (14" across) He loves WW2 aviation. This is the first in a series of WW2 planes that will make up a bigger picture on the wall. The 262 was the first German jet fighter plane (Messerschmidt). I believe that I have a P-51, BF-109, FW, P-38 and Flying Fortress on my list of other planes to mural. Then at some point, I have to paint Bionicles portraits for my older son.

UPDATED: July 4th... I did the Flying Fortress (B17G) in the top corner of the bedroom.

Stay dry and enjoy your 4th of July safely. We will be firing off an arsenal of fireworks that we bought from the store.

“Almighty God, Who has given us this good land for our heritage; We humbly beseech Thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of Thy favor and glad to do Thy will. Bless our land with honorable ministry, sound learning, and pure manners.”– Thomas Jefferson


“May that Being who is supreme over all, the Patron of Order, the Fountain of Justice, and the Protector in all ages of the world of virtuous liberty, continue His blessing upon this nation.”– John Adams



“Intelligence, patriotism, Christianity, and a firm reliance on Him, who has never yet forsaken this favored land, are still competent to adjust, in the best way, all our present difficulty.”– Abraham Lincoln

Blessings,

Robin

2 comments:

Reillybug said...

Welcome to FL! Rain rain rain! Send some up here please!!!!

Andy Rayner said...

Hi Robin & Family.
We have not had much rain at all here. But it's been a cools summer here so far. I don't mind as one can get out and do things and not die of the heat. We had a few great family Kayaking day trips this week. Check Adventurous You for the pictures. Enjoying some down time this week as I'm only working at church stuff this week. The Boat is landed and we will be doing some tune ups this week for the next round of fishing. We should be out and at late next week, or early the following.

Anyway, nice airplanes by the way.

Andy