Thursday, February 14, 2008

Trip around Florida on the Luhrs

Jack's big trip to help his buddy, Mike, pick up the 32' Luhrs sportsfisher boat is tomorrow. His friend got a sweet deal on this boat. It has AC/Heat, 2nd story for looking for fish, twin diesel engines, the works. I'll see if I can find a picture tomorrow. (pic on right: checking the EPIRB)
I think he is all ready for the trip. They drive over to St. Petersburg to finish the sale, take the keys and then cruise down to the Keys for the night. They will stay somewhere in Key Largo or Islamorada or Florida Bay. I'm not 100% sure but I think they're going to do a little fishing at night, do a little free diving (no air tanks) for lobsters during the next day and then head around to Miami. From Miami and up, I don't think they're going to stop until they hit home unless there is a problem with weather. They did say that they might troll a bit for mahi mahi or wahoo or whatever they can find. I'm so excited.

I cleared off the entire 1GB of memory and told him to take as many pics as possible. I can't wait to hear and see how the trip went. Of course, I also activated the church's prayer chain because I know there are risks involved with a big boat, shallow waters, faulty instruments or engines, new captain and of course, weather changing on a dime.

They are hoping to be back at Port Canaveral on Sunday or Monday am at the latest. Keep him in your prayers for safe journey.
(pic right: spear gun)
Happy Fishing,
Robin

No comments: