Saturday, February 09, 2008

COBIA Fishing Today

Jack just took off to go cobia fishing on a friend's boat. I insisted he take the camera because I'll be heartbroken if he sees a whale and I can't see it in pics. Of course, I'd love any cobia pictures too.

Yesterday, a guy from the fishing forum ended up taking 5 or 6 cobia. Technically, the saltwater regulations say 1 fish per person or 6 per vessel (maximum), measuring 33" to the fork. The only way to get around those rules are to either be holding a commercial license or to be catching them in federal waters, which are 3 miles and farther out. My guestimation is that 80% of cobias caught in our local area are caught within the 3 mile mark. The most that Jack's trip can take will be 3. I'm so happy that he gets to go fishing.

Here is a link of Jack's cobia from last year, so you can get a visual of what I'm talking about.
-cobia-spring-break-

Happy Cobia Fishing!
Robin

No comments: