Friday, June 03, 2011

LESSONS FROM A TREASURE BOAT
by Robin

One day, we were filling our boat up with gas and Jack signals to me to go down the dock some and look at what was behind us. Wow!! One of (the late) Mel Fisher's treasure boats. (www.melfisher.com) Super cool!

Photobucket

They sell their gold coin jewelry in the gift shop at the Marina. Plus, I think they were up from the keys for other business. One of the crew asked me about the upcoming shuttle launch and I got to talk to him about what he does. Check out the link. They are famous treasure hunters.

Photobucket

But, it also reminds me of a well-known Scripture about treasure. I suppose gold, wealth and fame are nice; but, we should never make that our focus in life.

Photobucket

Treasures in Heaven

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. "
(Matthew 6:19-21)

It is so true. When we began tithing and giving gifts to missionaries, our focus changed from things of this world to things of eternal value. It changed my prayer life. It changed my view of life and the values I wanted to pass to my children. Sure, England, Spain & France wanted new land to create new fortune, but most people came here for religious freedom. That is what thrived in this great country. The gold went to the bottom of the sea.

I can truly say that while I was interested in photography this boat, I never once felt envious of the people on this boat. My treasure is in heaven and nobody can take that from me.

Happy Fishing & God bless,
Robin

1 comment:

Kat said...

Good reminder, Robin.
Always love checkin in to see what you are up to!

Kat