Thursday, June 02, 2011

LESSONS FROM A FLOUNDER
by Robin

Ok, I'm on a roll. Two blogs in a row, with a similar theme. ha ha.

Photobucket

Jack and Chuck caught several flounder the other week. Their (the flounder, not Jack & Chuck ha ha) faces are captivating to me because they physiologically start off like normal baby fish. Then, one day, they choose to lay on their side for the duration of their life. The eye on the bottom-side rotates to the topside. Once their eyes move, they're stuck like this forever. They can never choose to swim & hunt like other fish again.

Photobucket

Anyhow, it reminds me of the choices we have as we live our lives. We can choose right or wrong. We can live for Jesus or not. Once we have chosen Him as Savior and He changes us from the inside-out. No matter how hard we try, we could not become new creatures on our own.

I've been studying Ecclesiastes with some homeschool moms this past month. Anyhow, there is a verse that goes well with the flounder analogy.

"Even though a person sins and gets by with it hundreds of times throughout a long life, I'm still convinced that the good life is reserved for the person who fears God, who lives reverently in his presence, and that the evil person will not experience a "good" life. No matter how many days he lives, they'll all be as flat and colorless as a shadow—because he doesn't fear God." Ecc 8:12

BUT!!!! There is hope!! Rom 7:24-25

"I've tried everything and nothing helps. I am at the end of my rope. Is there no one who can do anything for me? Isn't that the real question?

The answer, thank God, is that Jesus Christ can and does. He acts to set things right in this life of contradictions where I want to serve God with all my heart and mind, but am pulled by the influence of sin to do something totally different."

Friend, if you feel like a flounder and you're stuck in a path that you can't get out of, call on Jesus to save you from this lifestyle. He will right the wrongs and put you on a new path.

Happy Fishing and God bless,
Robin

No comments: