Wednesday, July 28, 2010

TARPON FISHING - 7/27/10
by Robin

Up at 4:30am, in the car at 5:30 am, leaving the docks at 6:20 with sprinkles of rain on our heads. Jack had to use his boat lights, which seemed so nice.

We cleared the mouth of the port just in time to watch the sun rise over the horizon. Unfortunately, a big rain cloud blocked our view. Well, I say unfortunately, but it turned out to be a good thing because the rain stopped quickly and left us with cool air.

Photobucket

To our west, the moon was still hanging in the sky. It hadn't return to it's slumber yet.
Photobucket

We searched the "Bight", north of the port for a mile or so and saw no bait or big fish. We did a 180 and headed south.

Photobucket

Southeast, there was more rain with some lightening. Oh, it was gorgeous. Dark rain at the bottom with a burst of morning light at the top.

A few minutes later, I saw a beautiful mirror of sky and sea behind me. So, I snapped this picture. Again, rain below and glory above!
Photobucket

An hour later, the sun was still stuck behind the clouds but the rain was far, far off in the distance. I swore I could see one cloud cast a shadow on another cloud. I could have reached out and touched the finger of God with landscape views like this!!
Photobucket

I've got to run, but tomorrow, I'll post up the fishing part of our morning.
God bless America and YOU!
Happy Fishing,
Robin

1 comment:

Genny said...

Robin, beautiful pictures. I love sea and sky photos, and these are just perfect.