Friday, April 18, 2008

ALMOST DONE! - Chairs in!

Chartplotter mounted and powered up.

I helped Jack run all the wires from the transducers (fish finder) and whatever else to the helm. Then, he does the hard part and hooks them all up while I finished up schooling.

Radio works too now. There are a few final touches today and then we're out of work until the livewell pump gets here. It's on backorder. The wood around the pole boxes needs to be finished and varnished.

I think we're going to the river next week to test drive her. Woo wee! I thought the day would never get here. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to quit. Jack too. But he kept at it with perseverance. Plus, he has loads of talent. I've never seen somebody so able to fix things of all natures. Washers, dryers, stoves, dishwashers, pool pumps, lawn mowers, boats, cars, airplanes and the list goes on and on. I just LOVE HIM.

John 15:5 Apart from Him, we can do nothing. This is so true! Even with all of Jack's talent, restoring this boat was very humbling and we did count on God for so much of our needs. Many things we prayed about were answered. We even got free floor paint in the color we wanted inspite of the can saying "Cloud Gray." It was like a miracle when it dried the tan that was in our hearts. Many times money came in at the right time for an expense or product we needed. The chartplotter was a quarter of the original cost. (Too many miracles to mention.) We incurred very little debt during our restoration process. Thank you God.

Happy Fishing,
Robin

No comments: