Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Malachi 3 - God loves boats too!
10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.

And so Jack and I test the Lord in this and are teaching our boys this lesson...... Not always is it so tangibly visible in material things but this week it was. Sunday night, after we got back from church, our neighbor came over with a couple hundred dollars worth of clothes and unworn sneakers for the boys. Wonderful blessing.

That night, Jack went in to work and he still had the boat show on the brain. He was mentioning to the parts guy that he decided to paint our boat in the relatively near future. The man says, "This is your lucky day." No... there is no luck about it. It was divine appointment set up by the LORD Almighty. He poured out a $900 blessing's worth of aviation paint, accelerators & something else (I don't know my paints, except I heard something about 3-step linear poly???urythane??). The parts guy ordered all the wrong paint for a jet and was told to dispose of it, which would have cost him money since paint falls under toxic wastes. He just gave it to us. Amazing. It is a nice clean white.
So, Jack tells me that the boat may be down for a while. He's going to work on all the fiberglass cracks and my job (like I need another job) will be to work on restoring the teak wood on the doors & little pieces. It is more labor intensive than costly. Our friend is loaning us the hoist for the boat engine. That will have to be taken off relatively soon in the entire process.

I hope this project isn't near as frustrating as the work we did on the fuel tank; but somehow, I think I shouldn't get my hopes up. Jack's goal is to have this finished up by the time the winter fishing gets cranking up. Don't worry, I'll still have fishy blogs as Jack fishes with other guys.
Happy Fishing,
Robin

No comments: