Monday, July 22, 2013

6.4 MILES!!

by Robin

Jack and I did it!  We walked 6.4 miles over the local bridge today.  It is 1.6 miles each round trip and we did it 4x.

 photo DSC00158MaxBrewerBridge.jpg

We began at 2:10 and finished at 4:10.  We knew the afternoon storms were going to come early before we could do a night walk, so we planned to go early.  It was awful when the sun was out fully.  But, whenever I could take it any more, I prayed and asked God for a cloud.  Really, it was joking but it felt more than coincidental that God continuously answered my prayer over and over again with shade.

We had water at the half-way mark but oh... it gave me some cramps to fight through.  Almost wished I wasn't so thirsty.

Before we knew it, we were done.  We got in the car to drive home and rain started dripping down.  Jack laughed saying that it was like God was hearing my every prayer.  (Should have prayed for a million bucks!)

We took a swim in the pool to loosen our muscles.  It started sprinkling again.  We decided to celebrate as a family with a little Mexican food.  After our meal, we were driving home and a massive dark front began to cover our car.  I couldn't wait to get to cover.  It poured & lightening for a short while.

When we thought it had all cleared, our son went to take the dogs potty.  He was telling us how beautiful & orange the sky was.  Many of my friends posted it up on FB, including pics with rainbows.  Gorgeous.

Here is my own photo of our orange-pink sky.  It was on fire and yet we were still covered in clouds.  This picture doesn't do it justice.  It was like watching the world with orange-shaded sunglasses on.


 photo 2013-07-21082415OrangeSky.jpg

What a magnificent day!  I love Sundays!  I love my walks with my hubby.  I love feeling stronger and healthier.

On a separate note, only 20 more days until we go on our scalloping vacation.  Can't wait!

Robin

No comments: