Saturday, November 29, 2008

PICTURES of BLACK FRIDAY!!!
by Robin

Here's the cooler shot......... impressive, huh? There are 11 fish in there.

Photobucket

The line-up of characters (brown one on the left is young Mangrove Snapper)
Photobucket


These are Lane Snappers
Photobucket

These are Red Snapper which have to be over 20" in the Atlantic Ocean to be legally kept. Granted these aren't monsters, but they're definitely keepers!

Photobucket

Here is my big Lane Snapper next to a Kingfish which was kept for smoking and making dip.
Photobucket

Here I am with my 2 American Red Snapper. On the smaller one (I'll let you try to figure that one out-haha), we had a boat passing by us at full speed, 3 men hollering for me to get it up. I needed that adrenalin rush. I caught the bigger one on my last drop with the last squid. It's what I call a "Hail Mary" pass (think football). Sure enough, I made a touchdown! I grunted and groaned. You'd think I was in full-labor with trying to pull that fish off the bottom. My eldest sent the last cigar minnow down on the same pass and put a keeper Lane Snapper in the box.

Photobucket

Then, we set off at 4:30, West, for home. This was day 2 on the ocean and God paints the most amazing sunsets. I love the orange colors towards the sun, setting over Port Canaveral.
Photobucket

But on the other side of the sky, God painted beautiful blues & lavenders. Ack, it's all beautiful.

Photobucket

Then, after the sun disappeared, a glow hit off the puffy clouds to our north. There wasn't a bad section of the sky. It was amazing.
Photobucket

Today, we cleaned the boat & fish. Now, I'm off to fold laundry & get us ready for church tomorrow. God is good, all the time.

Happy Fishing!

No comments: