I've been working towards two goals this week. Trying to make certain that all my ducks are in a row for school starting the week after vacation AND trying to get on vacation. Not an easy feat, nor one I will do again to myself any time soon. That was a little too much put into one month!
Anyhow, here are just a few of the things I did to check off some things on the list to get out the door.
* shop in bulk for snacks and drinks
* dremmel dog toenails and give them flea meds
* hair cuts for all, pedicure for me, color hair (because there is nothing worse than seeing gray roots in all my pictures!
* laundry, dishes, yard cutting, ironing, more laundry
* packing suit cases (Technically, the boys did their own.)
* make sure pool chemicals are right & pool treated before we go
* have various critter sitters lined up, folks to watch house, take in mail, etc.
* clear off all cameras, charge all rechargeables, find cords to charge things
* make more lists
* gather together salt, pepper, dish towels, soaps, meds, shampoos, griddle, blender, etc.
* get papers to the printing services for Civics class, buy books, give books to friends, etc.
* more laundry, pack bathing suits, sunblock, bug spray, first aid
* sort snorkel gear and make sure everyone has their individual grab bags marked & ready to load on boat
* garbage out!
And so the list goes.... Jack has his own lists pertaining to boat, truck, tires, engines, batteries, coolers, ice, etc.
BUT, here is a going away picture I leave you with.
I'm so in love with this area.