Tuesday, October 09, 2007

GARDEN update



Here is an overall view of my garden from the 2nd story of our boys' fort. Click on it for better view.

I started these plants from seed. The Brussels are very slow growing but they look strong at this point.


One side of my row of Cauliflower looks better than the other although there is no reason for that. They too look good.




My first green Bell Pepper is ready for picking. It is probably over 5" long, but not really filled out. My yellow Bell Pepper plant has 2 small peppers starting.

Not much progress is going on with the boat until Thursday & Friday. The weather here has been perfect & low humidity. The blue sky and lack of wind gave Jack and I both serious fishing withdrawls today. I'm sure it was a good day to be on the water. For now, I have to settle for playing in my garden.

www.FloridaGardener.com can be very helpful if you're trying to begin a garden in the Sunshine state. They say that October is a great month for strawberries. Where in the world am I going to put strawberries? I need strawberries. I use strawberries almost daily in my smoothies.


Happy October!
Robin

No comments: